On September 1, 2011 the Head of Administration of Kurzeme Planning Region K. Godiņš signed the contract with Society Integration Fund on implementation of the ESF project „Improvement of capacity of municipalities of Kurzeme Planning Region for implementation projects and measures co-financed by EU policies instruments and other foreign financial aid”.
100% of the project funding is provided by the European Union via the European Social Fund.
The sub-activity is administered by the State Chancellery in cooperation with the Public Integration Fund.
The general goal of the project is to attract the financial resources for improvement of the quality of human resources from the European Union policies instruments and other foreign financial aid funds and use them for the interests of residents.
The direct goal of the project is to encourage improvement of awareness of employees of KPR municipalities and their institutions on directions and conditions of projects and measures co-financed from the European Union policies instruments and other foreign financial aid funds, as well as to improve the capacity in the areas of projects preparation and management.
The project activities provide for the following:
1. Improvement of capacity of KPR 20 municipalities by carrying out training on efficient and safe project management. During the period from October 2011 to January 2012 workshops will take place and training of at least 60 employees of municipalities and municipal institutions involved in project attraction, management and implementation will be completed. Two cycles of workshops will be carried out.
One cycle of workshops will include 7 workshops on the topic “Management of projects and measures co-financed from the European Union policies instruments and other foreign financial aid funds”, covering the following topics:
- costs – benefit analysis;
- risks analysis;
- creating the internal control of project implementation;
- development and ensuring of cooperation among organisations involved in the project implementation;
- project preparation and management for leading project experts (an in-depth course);
- project financial planning, organisation of accounting;
- application of the project procurement procedure;
Venues and dates of workshops will be agreed upon with municipalities involved in the project.
2. Developmentof a research project on possibilities of utilisation of the EU policies instruments and other external financial aid in KRP in various fields.
3. Taking over the experience and best practice of project implementation of Zemgale Planning Region. The exchange of experience trip for 40 employees of municipalities and municipal institutions of Kurzeme Planning Region is planned on September 28, 2011. Detailed information will be sent to municipalities of Kurzeme Planning Region.
In the result of implementation of this project preconditions and instruments will be created for active and high quality participation of municipalities in implementation of projects and measures co-financed from the European Union policies instruments and other foreign financial aid funds in Kurzeme Planning Region.petijums