The aim of the project “Kurzeme visiem”:
to increase community-based social service availability for people with disabilities and children at the place of their residence in Kurzeme Region.
Project implementation time:
01.07.2015. – 31.12.2023.
organization “Kurzeme Planning Region”
- Project Manager: Inga Kalniņa, phone: +371 27008743, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project manager assistant: Sandra Miķelsone-Slava, phone: +371 20027280, email@example.com
28 partners (municipalities and social care centers):
- all 20 Kurzeme region municipalities
- municipalities of other planning regions (Aizkraukle, Limbaži, Smiltene and Tukums counties and Jekabpils city)
- State Social Care Center “Kurzeme” and its 6 branches
- 5 social care centers for children without parental care and orphans
Main activities of the project:
- to assess individual needs of children with functional disorders, orphans and children without parental care and persons with mental health and intellectual development disorders
- to prepare respective individual support plans for all assessed persons;
- to develop Kurzeme Region De-institutionalization Plan;
- to develop reorganizations plans for all social care centers for children without parental care and orphans;
- to assist to persons with mental disorders while preparing for transition from institutional to community based care;
- to provide community based social services for people with disabilities (including children);
- to train specialists for working at community based social services;
- to raise society’s awareness about people with disabilities and their needs.
Total project cost:
6 285 281EUR, of which 85% is co-financing from ESF (5342488,85 EUR) and 15% from state budget (942 792,15 EUR).