- Energetic small ports in Central Baltic region, CB845
- The project’s main results are Central Baltic small ports with improved energy efficiency and climate friendly services in a network of small ports in the whole CB area.
- The Cooperation Programme “Interreg Central Baltic Programme” 2014-2020 financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Programme priority No. 3 “Well-connected region”; Specific Objective No. 3.2. “Improved services of existing small ports to improve local and regional mobility and contribute to tourism development”.
Aim of the project:
to provide climate friendly services to boaters in the Central Baltic region by investing in energy efficient technology and to formulate a joint network of energetic small ports that will be more cost efficient on operations, and jointly marketing the small ports to port visitors.
- Define energy efficiency of small ports and make a practical guidance on energy efficiency (energy saving and investments) to small ports.
- Do investments to energy efficient, green and safety services on land (e.g. solar energy, led lightning, floating bridges).
- Formulate a network of CB small ports (for small port operators with each other), and on an online platform (based on portmate.eu, marinamia.eu and Masapo/SmartMarina tools), study visits and boating fairs in Finland, Sweden and Germany together with marketing actions in social media.
- Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (Finland) – the Lead Partner
- University of Turku (Finland)
- Airiston Matkailukeskus Ltd. (Finland)
- South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Finland)
- Riga Planning Region (Latvia)
- Kurzeme Planning Region (Latvia)
- Municipality of Söderhamn (Sweden)
- NGO “Bläse Kalkbruk” (Sweden)
- NGO “Estonian Small Harbour Development Center” (Estonia)
- Foundation Hiiumaa Harbours (Estonia)
- 01.03.2020. – 30.11.2022.
- Total: 2,421,089.43 €, incl. ERDF Interreg Central Baltic 2014-2020 programme’s co-financing EUR 1,924,156.90 €.
- Kurzeme Planning Region participates in the project as a partner with the planned project budget of EUR 137,219.85 (ERDF support 116,636.87 €).
Project marketing manager
More information: https://sub.samk.fi/projects/cb-small-ports/
This information reflects the views of the author. The managing authority of the programme is not liable for how this information may be used.